Applications are now being accepted for the fourth annual High School Academy (HSA). Offered in New York since 2012 and in Shanghai since 2016, the High School Academy is composed of a series of courses that allow students to explore a wide range of career options. These courses also give high school students ?a competitive edge on their college applications by showing admissions officers that they have sought out study experiences that give them the knowledge and skills for success in a global academic world.
One-week courses are being offered in subjects that give a preview of possible college majors or career areas - from finance and history to video game design and tourism. This year, we are also introducing a two-week American College Prep Bootcamp that gives students basic knowledge of American higher education and the skills they need to be admitted to and to navigate their way through an American university.
Our one-week courses can be taken either individually or in combination for a broader experience that allows students to explore multiple complementary subjects. Recommended courses of study include:
Humanities track ?
US History and Culture ?? Psychology ? Literature ?? Creative Writing
Digital track ?
Creative Coding ?? Programming Web Design ?? Video Game Design ? Digital filmmaking
Integrated Marketing ?? Sports Business ? Tourism and Social Media ?? Fashion
Please Note: Acceptance to and participation in the High School Academy program has no direct impact or influence on admission to NYU or to NYU Shanghai.
- Applicant must be a high school student who has completed the 9th grade
- ???Open to students who are citizens of Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan
- Open to students living in Shanghai with a foreign passport and valid Chinese residence permit
If students do not meet one of these criteria, please contact us for an individual consultation
All class interactions will take place in English. Therefore, all students need to have a high intermediate level of English proficiency. Students who do not demonstrate this level of English in the classroom risk failure or dismissal from the program. Students should be able to:
- ?Use discussion skills to lead and participate in group projects and discussions in English
- Express their opinion both verbally and in written form in English
- Easily understand the main idea in messages, lectures, and presentations on a variety of topics related to personal interests and studies, and identify and understand some details
Ideal candidates will have a 3.0 (80% or equivalent) grade point average in their most recent year of school.
If you are unsure of your English-language proficiency, please refer to our Self-Assessment Checklist.
Interested in more information? Click here to connect with us!
Program Contact ?
NYUSPS at NYU Shanghai High School Academy
Email: shanghai.NYUSPS.HSA@nyu.edu ?